Meredith Brooks, Carmen Vandenberg, MILCK and Many Other Musicians and Audio Industry Professionals Honored at Prestigious Event
The tenth annual She Rocks Awards rocked The Ranch in Anaheim on June 2, to help kick off the NAMM Season! Hosted by the Women’s International Music Network (the WiMN), the gala celebration featured a star-studded array of honorees that include GRAMMY® Award winnersDionne Warwick, who appeared virtually along with live appearances by Meredith Brooks, Carmen Vandenberg, MILCK, Yvette Young as well many other women from all corners of the music and audio industry.
The evening included special performances by the honorees including Carmen Vandenberg, MILCK, Yvette Young, Sherri Chung. Vocalists Heather Youmans and Laura Clapp joined Mindi Abair on sax, the Command Sisters and drummer Christina Torres who performed a medley of “That’s What Friends Are For,”and “I Say A LIttle Prayer,” as a tribute to Dionne Warwick. The evening concluded with a rousing performance of “Bitch” by Meredith Brooks featuring fellow honorees Carmen Vandenberg on lead guitar and MILCK joining in to duet with Brooks.
The full list of 2022 honorees includes:
● Dionne Warwick, Legend Award – Six-time GRAMMY® and Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, multi-platinum iconic singer, actress, television host, former UN Goodwill Ambassador and interior designer with her own WG Design Lab
● Meredith Brooks, Trailblazer Award – singer-songwriter and guitarist celebrating the 25th anniversary of her single ”Bitch”
● Carmen Vandenberg, Bold Star Award – lead guitarist and one half of the GRAMMY®-nominated rock duo BONES UK
● MILCK, Vision Award – singer/songwriter, leading advocate for women’s rights and celebrated role model within the music industry
● Yvette Young, Inspire Award – guitarist and front-woman for the math rock band Covet
● Kerry Fiero, Motivator Award – producer of the annual “Girl Power! Women Working in the Music Industry” Conference
● EveAnna Manley, Mad Skills Award – president, Manley Laboratories aka “The Tube Chick”
● Sherri Chung, Spirit Award – Award-winning film and TV composer and Governor of the Music Branch of the Television Academy
● Leslie Gaston-Bird, Champion Award – mixer, sound editor, author and a champion of diversity in the audio industry
● Lyndsey Parker, Dreaming Out Loud Award – Yahoo Entertainment Music Editor, SiriusXM host and author
● Julie Robbins, Powerhouse Award – CEO of effects pedal manufacturer Earthquaker Devices
● Myki Angeline, Warrior Award – radio professional for Audacy and social media manager for the WiMN.
Co-hosting the event were Katie Daryl (AXS TV host) and Mindi Abair, two-time GRAMMY® nominated saxophonist/vocalist, who stepped in for Lzzy Hale (Halestorm). The opening performance by Canada’s own Platinum Award-winning singer/songwriter/guitarist Tenille Arts got the evening off to a stellar start.
“It was so exciting to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2022 She Rocks Awards by honoring these fantastic female role models,” said the WiMN founder, Laura B. Whitmore. “The entire evening was packed with inspiring stories, performances and very special moments!”
The Silent Auction featuring many one of a kind items including: an autographed package from Lzzy Halewhich includes an autographed Les Paul guitar and tickets to any Halestorm show this summer, a Blackstar guitar package from Carmen Vandenberg, a photo shoot with renowned photographer, Mark Maryanovich, 2 tickets to the upcoming Keith Urban show at an Los Angeles show in September and so much more, has been extended until June 11th. Visit HERE for more information and to bid on these special packages!
The 2022 She Rocks Awards is sponsored by Positive Grid, Sweetwater, PRS Guitars, Monster Energy, anReverb.com, Shure, Roland, Martin Guitar, Audacy, Berklee College of Music, Blackstar, D’Addario, D’Angelico, dw Drums, Fishman, Gator Cases, Gibson, iZotope, 108 Rock Star Guitars, KMC/JAM, Korg, Levy’s, MAC Cosmetics, Manley Labs, NAMM, Pigtronix, Soundgirls, Supro, Taylor, Tech 21,The Music People, WRiiG, Zildjian, AXS TV, Parade, Future Publishing,
# # #
About The Women’s International Music Network (WiMN)
Founded in 2012, the Women’s International Music Network unites women who work within all facets of the music and audio industries. With theWiMN.com as its hub, the WiMN provides a community for women within the industry while enriching their careers and musical experiences through networking and sharing. The Women’s International Music Network produces the She Rocks podcast, the LIVE: Front & Center web series, WiMN She Rocks Spotlight Showcase Series and the She Rocks Awards, and is founded by music industry veteran Laura B. Whitmore. For more information, visit www.thewimn.com.