The 2017 Hit Like A Girl international contest for female drummers is just weeks away and female drummers of all ages and abilities from around the world are invited to join the celebration. In preparation for the start of the event, its organizers have announced the contest schedule along with several changes that are intended to increase participation and upgrade the benefits for all participants.
- The 2017 contest opens for entries on Wednesday, February 1 and closes Tuesday, March 14, 2017. This year the contest is being expanded to include separate categories for Drum set, World Percussion, Marching Percussion and Concert Percussion. To enter, participants merely post their videos on YouTube or Vimeo and register at www.hitlikeagirlcontest.com.
- Each entry will be reviewed by a panel of professional educators from the Sabian Education Network, Vic Firth Private Drum Teachers program and D’Addario Education Collective. Every entrant will receive written feedback on their performance along with a digital “Power Pack” containing free educational material and special offers from HLAG Sponsors.
- Each week during the entry period, one winner will be chosen in the under and over 18 age divisions by a panel of industry executives. These winners will be selected based on their performance, passion and potential and announced on February 13, 20 and 27 and March 6, 13 and 20.
- The 20 top-ranked videos along with specially-selected “Wild Cards” in each age group will move on to the final round. Public voting and professional judging on the finalists’ videos will run from Monday, March 20 through Sunday, April 2.
- The popular winners as well as the top judges’ selections in the Drumset and Percussion categories in the upper and lower age groups— plus the Achievement Award recipients— will be announced on Thursday, April 6. Winners will receive drum gear and prizes valued at more than $15,000.
For further information visit www.hitlikeagirlcontest.com. LOOK FOR THE HIT LIKE A GIRL SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SHOWS ON THE DRUM CHANNEL THIS MONTH.
Now in its 6th year, since the Hit Like A Girl Contest began there have been more than 2,000 participants from 50 countries and more than 10,000,000 online impressions. Sponsors have included many of today’s leading drum, percussion, hardware, electronics and media companies while judges have included some of the most popular, important and influential drummers on the planet. Hit Like A Girl’s 2017 co-spokesperson is Kimberly Thompson.
Got something to say? Go for it!